Wednesday May 11th, 2016
Women Connect ~ short weekly posts to inspire and encourage.
A post today from one of my favourite Instagram feeds. lovealways.anjuli
Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.Galatians 5:1 (MSG)
My 10 commandments – the laws that govern, demotivate, and entrap me.
1. I must not fail.
2. I must not disappoint others.
3. I must always have a good answer.
4. I must be responsible for the emotions of others.
5. I must make other people happy.
6. I must keep the peace.
7. I must suppress my true feelings to secure the love of others.
8. I must endure hardships alone because no one else really cares.
9. I must be silent about my struggles because I have to be strong.
10. I must not admit that I need help because I have to keep it all together.
These laws are rooted deeply in my heart. But God is always gently replacing them with the greatest law: LOVE. No longer do I have to keep these rules to GET or EARN love. The cross smashed all my sacred commandments. The “I MUST” law is now the “I AM LOVED” law.
I AM LOVED so I can fail. I AM LOVED so I can ask for help.
I AM LOVED so I can share my struggles. A law paid in blood. A law paved in grace. A law of love sewn into the deepest layers of my heart . Stay awake to love because God is always at work breaking our rules and replacing them with love. Christ’s death for our life.
Love to you all today
Got a minute?
Read last weeks Women Connect post here
Or browse the Women Connect page here